The only piece of news that matters from this year’s San Diego Comic Con: Geoff Johns is writing a special one-shot that pits Krypto the superdog against Dex-Starr the blood-vomiting cat. It’s going to be a Valentine’s day special. For reals.
Posts Tagged ‘comic con’
This year’s New York Comic Con is quickly approaching: February 6-8 at the Jacob Javits Center. Some of the notable guests include…
- Carmine Infantino (creator of The Flash, Batgirl, and Poison Ivy)
- Gabe & Tycho (Penny Arcade)
- Bruce Timm (everything in the DC Animated Universe, like Batman and Justice League Unlimited)
- Geoff Johns (Infinite Crisis, 52, Sinestro Corps Wars)
- George Pérez (uh, everything ever)
- Grant Morrison (52, Batman RIP, Final Crisis)
- Jerry Robinson (creator of the Joker, Robin, Alfred and other Batman staples)
- Ramona Fradon (the only female Golden Age comic artist still alive)
- Doc Hammer & Jackson Publick (creators of The Venture Bros)
- Dan Jurgens (Death of Superman, Booster Gold, Justice League)
- N’Gai Croal (superhero of new games journalism)
- Rags Morales (Identity Crisis, Batman RIP)
- Dave Gibbons (the saner half of Watchmen)
- Peter Mayhew(he was CHEWBACCA)
… and that’s not even a fraction of the the famous guests. There’s also a screening of Bruce Timm’s new animated Wonder Woman movie, some DC Universe Online stuff, a world premier of Astro-Boy footage and even a panel called “Men Are From Kyrpton, Women Are From Paradise Island.” In short, it’s not a bad way to spend thirty bucks.
I’d love to go myself since it’s so close, but I have no money and no friends who like comic books. Experiences like this are meant to be shared. If only so you can have someone to say “Dude, we just met George Pérez and then Gabe drew a penis for us!” to.